Dear Albuquerque Photographers,
We know you have good taste. We know you have a camera. We know you have good subjects, because Albuquerque is chalk full of gorgeous sunsets, beautiful people, colorful places, and compelling scenery.
And we know you’re dying to have your incredible work published!
So, our question is why haven’t you already sent us your best photo? Really, there’s absolutely no reason for you not to submit something wonderful. Photos will be printed in our annual photo essay, which will run in our July issue.
This year’s theme is “We Love Summer!” so make sure to use the photo to tell us, and our readers exactly
what you love most about summertime in Albuquerque. Whether it’s our beautiful Sandia sunrises, a sunglass-clad pet, popsicle-covered kids or our charming green bosque, we know there is something you love about summer.
So here, just for you, photographer extraordinaire, are the rules in handy numbered-list form:
1. The photo must be taken in the month of May, and submissions are due no later than June 4, but they can be submitted anytime before then.
2. Send up to three of your very best summer images for consideration in the essay, we may run all of them, or only one.
3. Include a cutline with each photo, it is important that you include all of the important information about the picture—who, what, when, where and why.
4. Be sure to include your name, so that you get credit for your photo!
5. Send your photos at 300dpi, at least 5×7, but they can be larger, as a jpeg, tif or pdf to our wonderful photo director, Liz, at firstname.lastname@example.org