Suggest a Summer Treat—Because Corn on the Cob Is Anything But

Posted by on Jul 15, 2009 in Uncategorized

3686350795_7e4c3acecb_mMy child is in a phase where, whenever we watch her “Baby McDonald” DVD, she insists on eating corn on the cob. After we go through the whole shucking, cooking, and buttering process, she takes two or three bites and rejects the rest of the corn. Invariably, this has meant I’ve ended up with corn on the cob as an afternoon snack for a ridiculous number of days.

That is what I am doing right now: holding a steaming hot cob of corn and sweating profusely. And wishing the yellow corn was a popsicle.

So until this phase passes, let me live vicariously! Where do you get sweet, cold treats that beat this Albuquerque heat?

6 Comments

1. Alexis
    July 15, 2009

Spring rolls at May Cafe – a perfect hot summer treat. For those who prefer staying at home, freeze some green grapes for a refreshing snack.

2. Kelly
    July 15, 2009

Ecco Gelato in Nob Hill!

3. RobertSmithTV
    July 15, 2009

I always enjoy a nice fruit smoothie. I usually make my own but certainly Keva Juice can make a good one!

-Robert Smith
    Magician

Follow me on Twitter.com/RobertSmithTV

4. Michael Cusortelli
    July 15, 2009

Trader Joe’s has fresh fruit floes (frozen fruit bars) that sell for $1.99 for a box of 4.

They come in several varieties, but lime is my favorite — tart and cold!

5. Smitholoh
    July 16, 2009

Another vote for the fantastic Ecco Gelato in Nob Hill! Great for dipping.

6. R & R
    August 11, 2009

Let Mark & Marilyn at OhHeavensCheesecakes!soothe your cravings! Definitely NOT just a summer treat! They have flavors for ALL seasons! Or if you’re the type who just likes a GREAT piece of Plain New York Style they have that too! Not overfilling like most cheesecake can be–you know–the type that feels like a “rock” once it hits your tummy?! They are new in the neighborhood but we should all support our small businesses and keep them growing. They are at 2531 Jefferson NE “Sweet” 150…(Just south of Menaul and East of Washington) near Southwest Cash & Carry.