‘Tis (almost! Don’t panic quite yet, shopping procrastinators) the season for making merry… and, in Albuquerque, there’s no shortage of things to do (and fun to be had), all in the name of the holidays. Take a look at some of the things we’re doing (and eating!) this weekend:
* The first night of Hanukkah is tomorrow–and we totally love these ice menorah cookies at ABC Bakery.
* Did you check out the Holiday Stroll in Old Town tonight? Replete with lines of glowing luminaras and plenty of chances to eat, drink, and listen to music, some of us consider this the official first event of the holiday season. (If you went–tell us about it!)
* The New Mexico Philharmonic presents Handel’s Messiah–a glorious holiday staple since, what, the 1730s?–on December 8 and 9 at Central United Methodist Church.
* The Ballet Repertory Theatre of New Mexico is performing Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker this weekend–perfect for people with visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads.
* Albuquerque Alpacas–you know, the cute llama-ish animals with super-soft fur–hosts its Open Ranch for the Holiday Season. Not only do you get to browse (and buy) a large selection of alpaca-related goods; you also get to hang out with the alpacas themselves.
* We’re suckers for good biscochitos during the holidays, but we’ll take our cookies with a twist, too (thanks, Walker’s Biscochito Popcorn!). (P.S.: they also have Eggnog flavor. Uh, drool.)
Happy weekend, everyone! What are you up to? Any fun events you want to advertise? Tell us in the comments!